Image from my Twitter feed.
How the Hubs & I Handled Grocery Shopping BEFORE:
- Spend all day texting back & forth about what we need to buy.
- Create a list on crappy scrap paper or rogue post-it note.
- Crumple paper & smash into pocket.
- Lose crumpled list en route to grocery store.
- Read through texts in an attempt to mentally recreate said list. (This was pre-smartphone. No threaded messages, just one text at a time, and it was uphill both ways. In the snow.)
- Buy whatever we can remember, but forget 5 things that we didn’t even think to include on the original list because we didn’t have a system for recording things as soon as we ran out of them.
- Cry uncontrollably. (Mostly Leif.)
- Return to store & repeat entire process.
First world problems, right?? Well, now there’s a solution. If you haven’t tried this yet, prepare to have your mind BLOWN. Or mildly amused. Your choice.
How We Grocery Shop NOW:
- Add things to the shopping list as soon as we think of them/run out.
- Buy everything we need quickly & efficiently.
- Cry tears of joy. (Mostly Leif.)
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the app that changed my life:
Image via OurGroceries
My Favorite App Features:
- You can create multiple shopping lists, so you could have one list specifically for certain grocery stores, one for the hardware store, etc.
- Since I always have my phone on me, I always have my list. It’s easy to add stuff whenever we run out, and you can add other people to your account so they can edit the list, too! (Great for roommates & families!)
- When we go shopping, we can divide & conquer. OurGroceries syncs all of the devices connected to your account, so any items checked off the list on one phone will automatically update on the other.
- Simplified meal planning: you can save recipes on your app & then when you plan your meals, just tap the recipe & it will add all of the ingredients you need to purchase!
- It even lets you save time at the store by arranging items so that they’re in the order of your store’s layout! You can even separate items by aisle or category!
- Check out the rest of their features on the OurGroceries website!
Image via OurGroceries
Wanna save even MORE time? Check out these online grocery shopping tips!
Have you found any apps that make your life easier?
P.S. I wasn’t paid or perked in any way to recommend this app. I just love it to death & thought maybe you guys would love it, too!
I shared my link at OrgJunkie