Hey guys! I am guest posting over at IHeart Organizing today with a yummy, space-saving breakfast solution: a smoothie station with a little bit of secret storage!
Can you guess where I hid my blender??
Find out for sure & read all of the “juicy” details at IHeart Organizing. I even have a present for you: free printable label downloads! (I made two versions: aqua & gray and coral & white). Make sure you leave Jen some love in the comments section!
- I tape the nutrition facts to the side of the container when I’m trying a new protein powder. It helps me remember the brand & compare the nutrition information when I’m comparison shopping.
- The cake batter protein powder I’m using right now is Muscle Milk Light. It is delicious — I even mix it in with my coffee!
- I am NOT a nutritionist. I just like yummy things and am trying to learn to make healthier choices!
Happy blending! May your milkshakes bring ALL the boys to the yard
UPDATE: I’ve had a lot of questions about the containers & smoothie recipes. Here ya go!
Containers: I bought them 3 or 4 years ago at Target. They have a few cracks at this point, but they’ve been seriously abused & even survived when we moved from our apartment into this house. I don’t think Target carries them anymore, but I just found one size on Amazon & added it to my store: Pretty Organized Amazon Store.
I also found this cylindrical glass canister set at Target for you!
Here’s one of my fave smoothies:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2-1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1-2 scoops cake batter protein powder
- 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds.
If you want it thicker, just add a tiny pinch of the xanthan gum. You can also add some ground flaxseed or greek yogurt to make it more filling. If you want it sweeter, just sprinkle in some stevia (NuStevia is my fave brand). It tastes like strawberry shortcake/cheesecake!
Oreo lovers: I just invented a Cookies ‘n’ Cream/Oreo recipe that works as a protein coffee or a shake! Check it out at the bottom of my Operation: Coffee Station blog post.
There are also a TON of awesome protein shake recipes at Dashing Dish. Om nom nom!