My husband has been seeing another woman — and I LOVE her!
Her name is Donna, and “she” is actually a personal assistant app named after the amazing assistant character Donna Moss from The West Wing. She’s like Siri for less tech-savvy people. Easy. User friendly. No awkward training required. She just works!
The hubs was chattering on and on about her, so I decided to give her a whirl, and seriously — life-changing. In the same way that timers & daily routines changed my productivity habits, Donna has changed my scheduling.
What makes her so amazing?
- She syncs with all of the “stuff” on your smart phone: calendars, contact info, GPS, etc.
- She reminds you of appointments, checks traffic to estimate travel time, and checks the weather to let you know if you need an umbrella.
- She calculates when you need to leave so you’ll be on time AND THEN SHE REMINDS YOU!!!!
Did you hear that? She PREPARES & REMINDS you!! Every scatterbrained, sidetracked person on Earth just gave a little “Yippee!!” before getting distracted by a squirrel!
Seriously, Donna is the coolest.
- She’s intuitive, so even if you don’t know an exact location, she can guess & help you figure things out.
- In addition to detailed directions, traffic info, and parking tips, she can even send photos of the building you’re trying to find!
- If you have a conference call, she can dial it for you & handle any access codes needed to connect.
- If you’re meeting with someone who typically runs late, she can send them a reminder to stay on track.
- If you’re running behind schedule, she can notify the people you’re meeting to let them know what’s up.
- She can even book a car for you.
She is the closest thing to a real personal assistant that I’ve found in the app world!
Beautiful design. Easy to use. Intuitive. FREE.
“Good assistants give you what you ask for; great assistants get you what you need before you even ask for it.” — Don.na
Side Note: Donna might also be helpful for teens or college students with short attention spans, anxiety, or Asperger’s/autism spectrum — anyone who would benefit from a reminder or the chance to prepare for the next event before the transition actually occurs. (Obviously it would depend on the individual needs of the student, but it might help someone out there!)
Hubby + Donna + Casey
This is one love triangle that I am more than okay with!